Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Formalities

I guess my first post should be about me and the blog. I’ll keep it semi-short and sweet so we can move on to the good stuff.

I am just your everyday thirty-some year old girl (I stopped counting) who is married and works a full time job. No kids yet but I do have some wonderful pets. My husband and I live in a medium sized town in the middle of the country. We come from typical medium sized families. Basically I am terribly ordinary.  
I like to travel, take the occasional photo, veg out in front of the television, and read on my off time. Cold winters give me time to relax inside and summers allow me to get out and play. At times I will dabble in my very ordinary kitchen.

I have no official culinary training. Everything I know about food is either learned through my addiction to food TV, eating, or gastronomic skills passed down from my family. Occasionally I’ll go on a cooking streak and break out of my processed food rut (trying to do this more and more). I love to pick up fresh foods at the farmers’ market when I get the opportunity. I love eating out when I can. Restaurants give me the opportunity to try foods that I know I could never make on my own.  I like them all, everything from fast food to fine dining. However, nothing irks me more than paying for a meal that does not taste good.

In today’s economy every cent counts. Whether it is $1.00 or $50.00, wasting money on food that I cannot enjoy is frustrating. This frustration is what led me to formulate the concept for this blog. If I could stop someone from wasting their hard earned money on food that wasn’t enjoyable I would be happy. In return I hope to have someone prevent me from throwing away money on something that I wouldn’t find satisfying. I understand everyone has unique tastes. What I like, someone else might despise, and vice versa.  However, sharing opinions will allow us all to go into a food purchase informed. So, if you can eat it, I will critique it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment